Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Writing Our Memoirs

We used different organizers and examples to help us get ideas for the different grades.
Memoirs, memoirs, memoirs! We need to finish our memoirs cause the school year is almost over we need to finish. WAIT!  Hold on a minute!  If I’m going to tell you this right, I need to start from the beginning.

The notes helped us make up our mind and made it easier to write.
First, we had to think about all the years we have been at Conant and what we did in those years. Now this took everyone a little while because we had to think four years in the past.  We had to think what we did like last blast,  field day, field trips to the farm and the nature center, and much, much, more.

It took a while because we had to write for all five grades!
Then we had to put in order the many (and I mean many!) notes about what was our favorite part of that year.  To me it felt like it took hours and hours and hours!  It drove me CRAZY even though I love to write. It drove me crazy only because I had to write in notes and trust me I really dislike doing that, I like to write in paragraphs much better.

Anyway, after writing notes, such as when did it happen and more questions?  We used the notes to make details with juicy word choices.  Each grade's memory has to have three paragraphs about it. To me, this was the most challenging part because you had to make your lines really flow well. Then we had to edit our work and the class has been practicing how to edit better. This is really challenging for a lot of people because you don’t really notice a lot of the mistakes.

Our list helped us fill out our organizers to write our chapters.
Anyway, after that you use your dana (A dana is a computer that is movable) and edit your mistakes then you print and you are done. Sadly, we aren’t quite finished but we are pretty far along and everyone is so excited to finish a project in the last two weeks of school.  Do you think we can do it?


Written By Marlee


No comments:

Post a Comment